Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 2 Update

Hello again. It’s week two. I leave for Florida on Monday at 6:00 am so I’m getting really excited for that. As wonderful a place as this is, I can’t wait to leave.

I saw my 8th grade teacher here today. (Mrs. Brinkerhoff is serving a mission too.) It was pretty cool.

I am doing good in case anyone was worried. The food is still sucky but hey that’s ok :). I have a cool story. I was at the referral center getting inbound calls and it was so slow and so boring. Then someone called and I was ready. It was a 65 year old lady. It turns out it was a wrong number so she said sorry and I asked in a depressed kind of voice if she would listen to what I had to say anyway. She said sure. So I started talking and teaching her about the church. I talked her into receiving a Book of Mormon from the missionaries. It was pretty awesome. I committed her to go to church on Sunday, to start reading the Book of Mormon and to pray to know that it was true. So now I can say that I pretty much converted her. It was cool.

Elder Jeffrey R Holland came and talked with us on Friday. That was good. We saw President Monson and two other general authorities. I got a picture of President Monson leading a crowd of missionaries in singing "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet." It was the best.

Other than that I have just been studying ALL THE TIME!!!! Well good luck to everyone that is swimming in red, white, and blue... and happy 4th of July.

Elder Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment